Life often gets in the way of a timely Notes review, and I look up and see several bottles that have passed by my table without getting their due review. I try to share a “quarterly update” of sorts…perhaps it is of no value whatsoever, but I take this step in part so you as visitors have better context for those wines I do ultimately review.
Without any further preamble, let me share the July/August/September bottles that are described thusly:
- 2019 Karoly’s Selection Petite Sirah, Buena Vista Winery, Sonoma, California, USA.
- 2012 Old Vine Grenache, Quo Ono, Campo de Borja, Spain.
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon, The Dreaming Tree, Acampo, California, USA.
- 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, Meander Wines, Napa, California, USA.
- 2019 Austin Cabernet Sauvignon, Austin Hope Winery, Paso Robles, California, USA.
- 2018 Highland Falls Red Wine, Estate of the Art, Middletown, California, USA.
- 2015 Finca Rio Negro Red Wine, Vino de la Tierra de Castillo, Spain.
- 2019 Conundrum Red Wine, Wagner Family Wines, Fairfield, California, USA.
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, Anderson Family Vineyards, Napa, California, USA.
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, Justin Vineyards & Winery, Paso Robles, California, USA.
Yes, I acknowledge that certain patterns and tendencies do emerge–both in this snapshot of Q3 2021 as well as throughout Notes. Any time you’re seeking a good gift, or you’re a winemaker looking for advocates, you know where to find me. -R
My pleasure reading your posts. Good information on every one. Please keep it up!